Proudly serving Long Island homeowners since 1978
For nearly forty years, the professional, neighborhood experts at GAMCO Remodeling have been making the dreams of Long Islanders come true with custom home remodeling.
This family owned and operated company is headed up by father-and-son-team Robert and Gordon Millard. The two Certified Remodelers bring a combined experience of more than eighty years to every project. That's experience you can trust to work on your home.
Contact us today to make an appointment for your free in-home estimate. GAMCO knows that choosing a contractor for your home remodeling project - whether its a new deck or a complete renovation - is a big and important decision.
Here are some helpful questions to ask your contractor.
Considering other contractors?
Ask these questions before you make your choice
- Is the contractor a Certified Remodeler (C.R.)? A home improvement license is only a county registration with a minimum insurance requirement. A Certified Remodeler has passed the Nationaltesting program and adheres to the highest code of ethics. GAMCO has two full-time Certified Remodelers on staff.
- Is the contractor a fully established business enterprise? If your phone calls were not returned, what would you do? GAMCO has been a neighborhood presence for nearly thirty years. You can visit our showroom - open six days a week - to review samples and meet with one of our experts.
- Does the contractor have an escrow account as required by 1987 law? You need to know that your deposit is safe. GAMCO has that escrow account, and is a trustworthy business with professional practices and thousands of satisfied customers to back the claim.
- Is the contractor an owner/operator? If he is doing the work himself, what happens if there is sickness or injury? Is the company staffed with many men to make sure your job gets done? GAMCO has multiple professional crews specializing in various construction services, all managed and supervised by the representative you know.
- Is the contractor committed to service after the job is done? Check references. Do they guarantee their work? Did they respond quickly to calls for damage and repairs? GAMCO has more than 7,000 references you can check with. How's that for peace of mind?
- Are you given a private evening and weekend phone number for emergency purposes? Your representative will provide you with all the contact information you need. Additionally, our offices are staffed six days a week with a live person and our service is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Does the contractor have any achievements or awards to substantiate his professionalism? Anyone can make claims of service and excellence. GAMCO can back those claims with industry recognition:
- ALCOA Master Contractor
- ALCOA "Golden Hammer" Award - FREE DVD disk!
- ALSIDE Million Foot Club Member
- CertainTeed Quality Contractor Award
- March of Dimes "Linking the Generations" Family Business Award
If you have more questions, we're happy to answer them. Send us message through our contact form or give us an old-fashion phone call:
We respond to messages sent through our contact form within 1 business day.
If you call, our hours are 9AM-5PM Monday-Friday, 10AM-3PM Saturday and Sunday we're closed.
Ready to transform your home?
If you're ready to take the next step toward improving your home, simply click the button below to set up a FREE in-home estimate.
Shortly after submitting your contact details, we'll contact you to schedule a convenient date and time to meet.